Royal News

Prince Louis’ Sixth Birthday Approaches: Princess Kate Confronted with ‘Two Choices’

Princess Kate and Prince William’s youngest child, Prince Louis, will celebrate his sixth birthday on April 23.

Kate is a keen amateur photographer and loves to take pictures of her young family, which are often published in special occasions such as birthdays to showcase the children in a more informal setting.

Military strategy game criticized for being ‘too realistic’History Strategy Game

However, following the Photoshop fiasco last month surrounding the Mother’s Day image, royal expert Christopher Andersen suggested it may be better for her to enlist a professional photographer rather than take the image herself.

He told Fox News: “My suggestion would be to either have Kate take the photo and not retouch it or have Kate take it and explain in advance how and why she altered the photo, or have a professional photographer take it and do all the explaining.

“I mean, will it really matter? The conspiracy theories will continue anyway. That particular genie is out of the bottle.”

Sponsored

Online Shopping ToolsAmazon’s Worst Nightmare: Thousands Canceling Prime for This Clever Hack

Kate and Louis watch Platinum Jubilee pageant

Princess Kate usually shares a new picture of her children on each of their birthdays (Image: Getty)

Last month Kate issued a public apology after an image of her and her three children released for Mother’s Day was pulled by several picture agencies over concerns it had been retouched.

She explained in a post on social media: “Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing.

“I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother’s Day. C.”

The picture was the first time Kate had been seen in any public capacity since last Christmas, as she has been taking time off due to health concerns.

Wales family attend Together at Christmas carols

Princess Kate has been out of action since last Christmas (Image: Getty)

Back in January Kensington Palace released a statement explaining that Kate had undergone major abdominal surgery and would be taking an extended period of time off to recover.

She had not been expected to return to work until after Easter, although the Palace assured that the surgery had been a success and that she was doing well.

Then on March 22 the Princess of Wales published a video online stating that following further tests cancer had been found and she was undergoing preventative chemotherapy.

King Charles and Kate are now both being treated for cancer (Image: Getty)

Kate explained how she had talked about her diagnosis with Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis: “It has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be ok.

“As I have said to them; I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirits.

“Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance too. As is the love, support and kindness that has been shown by so many of you. It means so much to us both.

“We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button